12.07.2008

DIY pt. 3

Dad: Newport, Rhode Island
This print captures my Dad at his simplest. All he wants to do is ride his motor cycle, but sometimes things get in the way of that. Other times his motor cycle gets in the way of responsibilities. Every time I see this print it makes me laugh. He looks like a member of a motor cycle gang, yet lives in Newport, RI. The past year I've seen him for maybe two weeks total, seeing him like this brings back the times when it was just him and I, with nothing to influence his attitudes. This is the third and final DIY, for now.
This was supposed to be my contact sheet for the Rhode Island role, but I exposed it way to long. Although you can't see any of the photos on the negatives, I still really like the way the strips look altogether. Why wait until it's done developing? Just snag that out!

No comments: