2.16.2009

trial and Error


Philadelphia, Fall 2oo8.

These are the first two rolls of film I've been able to make contact sheets of. This semester I was lucky enough to get into a Black and White darkroom class at Rowan, and it has already proved to be well worth the trouble it was to get the class. The process and art of making negatives and prints has been one of the most gratifying things I've ever done, as I've said before. There aren't many things that can startle or shock humans in this day and age; we've seen everything. No matter how many rolls of negatives I develop, or how many prints I make, the magic that the photographic process holds will never be lost. For something to appear from nothing, that is magic. (I like to believe that the chemicals don't react with the silver coating on the paper).

p.s. excuse the shitty scanner.

No comments: