1.26.2010

Day One: 26 January

As I sit above the clouds, with the cool plastic of the airplane on my arms, I begin to stare at my feet; size 8.5 with five toes to a foot, and wonder what they have to say.
What they have to say about all the abuse they will be put through the next four and a half months. The ground and grass the will walk upon, the sweat they will produce; the history they will encounter: the foreign water that will cleanse them.
As you may know, feet cannot in fact talk, they cannot explain the cobblestone streets that give their arch a stretch, or how the wet morning glasses of Hyde Park feel between themselves. But what they can tell me is when to take a break. When to sit down and observe and enjoy the memories that will forever stay in the lobes of my brain.

Dear ten digits,
I am all ears.








Keep Calm and Carry On...

...lowt

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck Taylor! This is beautifully written and I'm extraordinarily jealous of journey. Have a wonderful trip and send me anything you write along the way (plz).
-Trevor

Jane said...

What a great entry - I love the way you put things together. Can't wait to hear more about your travels, school and to see some photos.

Keep Calm and Carry On

Momma