1.08.2010

who would have thought?




There are many words in this language of ours that are thrown around a bit too carelessly, fate being one of them. I've encountered 'fate' many times in my life, only to later find out that it is just pure coincidence that Hershey's Take 5 was buy one get one that day. Other instances in one's life seem a bit too random to be a coincidence, the list of events too broad to be linked together in any sort of organized manner.

This is where I think fate comes into play. The next couple of months hold much change for me, but the past and its broad range of happenings have changed my scope on the present. I've been on this journey from the ocean for longer than I had imagined possible, and where ever the future sojourns happen to lead, the sand and salt water will remain in my chest and the back of my skull.

It was only fate that the salt from the sea met the course grains of sand along the shorelines, so on the tradition of called fate will go. It might be true or just coincidence, and that is entirely up to you and the events in your own lives. My trip to the beach was one of fate, I would like to think. Frankly, I don't give a damn if you agree. Four frames, four months ago, four months to go; as these dinosaurs come to life. From the moon to the shore.


'Fate has a funny way of comin' 'round..'




-lowt

















No comments: